Thermaltake Bigwater 745 - Dual Rad cooling
Posted by: Rack on: 22.04.2006 01:00:00 [ Print | 0 comment(s) ]
World 1st liquid cooling system supports ATX / BTX motherboard
Application for Intel P4 LGA775, Intel BTX platform and all AMD K8 series
Remarkable 120mm Radiator: High performance radiator with a 120mm silent VR fan(1300 ~ 2400rpm)
Superb Liquid Pump with 400 L/hr:
1. Silent and powerful P400 pump provides superb reliability
2. The pedestal can be secured onto the case by screws
3. The ceramic bearings significantly extend the life-expectancy of the pump
4. Thoughtful inlet and outlet design prevents air blocks from the water flow
Exceptional Liquid Tank :
1. High capacity liquid tank capable of holding 350c.c. of liquid for continuous usage
2. Easy to refill
Second-to-none Copper Water Block:
1. With blue LED acrylic covering illuminates the CPU
2. Increased number of water channel within the water block greatly enhances the thermal efficiency
3. Circle base of water block is applicable to BTX motherboard
Durable 3/8" Tube:
1. Special material to prevent wear & tare from being clogged up from over bending
2. User Friendly Installation, tool-less connector design
OK, so this is straight of the website. It’s good to see the word “Silent” used to describe the fans and pump, the last thing that I would want is three loud 120mm fans. The pump is also listed as silent with 400L/hr flow rate, but a bit more on that later. Ceramic Bearings should deliver as promised, with a long lifetime.
OK, so here are the full list of specifications for each part. The compatibility list is short, but so is the list of systems currently available for consumers. While there are other platforms like skt754 from AMD, I doubt they are a market for this kit – who would spend more money on cooling than on their CPU?
As I mentioned earlier, all the fans and the pump are listed as silent, with only the adjustable fan having a maximum rating above what I would call silent.
The pump is listed as 400L/hr, however I would really like to see a head rating associated with this. Usually these specifications are achieved with the pump totally unloaded, with a big tank of water on the input and nothing on the output. With the 745 setup the dual radiator can sit outside of a case, in fact potentially 1m above the level of the pump. I really hope the pump is up to the job.
Next Page Physical Layout