Sanberg USB+eSATA (133-49) Docking Station
Posted by: Mac on: 08.05.2009 01:00:00 [ Print | 0 comment(s) ]
Specifications / contents as taken from the Sandberg website.
- Supports all SATA 2.5” & 3.5” hard disks of any capacity
- USB 2.0 + eSATA interface
- Supports SATA I+II (1.5 Gb/s + 3.0 Gb/s)
- Supports SATA II NCQ
- External connectors: 1 USB MiniB female, 1 eSATA female, 1 Power jack female
- Internal connectors: SATA connectors for data and power connections
- Power LED indicator
- 1 Sandberg SATA Docking Station
- 1 230V power supply
- 1 Power cable for power supply w/Euro connector
- 1 Power cable for power supply w/UK connector
- 1 USB connection cable (1 metre)
- 1 eSATA connection cable (1 metre)
- 1 eSATA for internal SATA adapter bracket
- 1 CD with backup software for Windows
- 1 User guide
- 1 Warranty card
It makes a change to see a hard drive docking station / caddy say it will take ANY capacity drive, I assume this is because they seem to be increasing in capacity every day. I also assume it will take any speed be it a slower laptop drive or a 10k Raptor. It has all the connections one would expect of good external docking station in that you can connect via E-Sata or USB. It’s also good to see it is compatible with both Sata1 and Sata2.
What is VERY pleasing to see is the fact that Sandberg even supply a Sata to E-Sata adapter so even if your motherboard / case doesn’t have an E-Sata port on it you can still reap the benefits, as long as it does have a spare Sata port on the motherboard. As usual with an external drive “enclosure” that has one touch backup the necessary software is included. All the data cables are provided too, no less than I would expect if I were brutally honest.
Next Page - Physical Layout