EQS A58K9-MLF ATI RS480 Socket 939 Motherboard
Posted by: Rchiileea on: 30.12.2005 01:00:00 [ Print | 0 comment(s) ]
ATi RS480 (Xpress 200G)
AMD Sempron / Athlon 64 / Athlon 64 FX*
Front Side Bus (FSB)
1000MHz (2000 MTs)
4 x Dual Channel DDR400
5 x PCI
PCI Express 16X
1 x PCI Express 16
PCI Express 1X
1 x PCI Express 1
Radeon X300 PCI-e 128MB
Cable Bracket (Bundled)
Realtek 81xx 10/100
2 x ATA-100
Serial ATA Connector
4 x SATA-150 RAID
RAID 0 / 1
1 x FDD Port
VIA VT6307 x 2 Ports
8 x USB 2.0
Back Panel x 1 Port
305 mm x 244 mm
A58K9-MLF is the ATi next generation integrated PCI Express® chipset with DirectX™ 9.0 core 128MB (SMA) RADEON® X300 graphics built-in for the complete range of AMD Athlon™ 64, AMD Athlon™ 64 FX, and AMD Sempron™ processors. The RADEON® XPRESS 200G brings both stunning 3D graphics and universal connectivity in a chipset design that provides exceptional value for the high performance, from everyday multimedia applications to high-definition 3D gaming.
Key Features :
• ATI® RS480/RX480+SB400 Chipset.
• Support for AMDTM K8 Processor in a Socket939 package.
• Support Hypertransport interface bus.
VRM (Voltage Regulator Modules) on Board
• Flexible motherboard design with on board VRM, easy to upgrade
with future AMDTM K8 processors.
• 0.800V to 1.55V in 25mV steps.
• A total of four 184pin DDR SDRAM sockets.
• DIMM sizes from 64 Mbytes to 4Gbyte.
• Support Dual Channel 128-bit Wide Memory Interface.
• Support 266/333/400 DDR SDRAM memory type.
• PnP, APM, ATAPI and Windows® 2000/XP.
• Full support of ACPI & DMI.
• Auto detects and supports LBA harddisks with capacities over 160GB.
• Easy to upgrade BIOS by end-user.
Plug and Play
• Supports Plug and Play specification 1.1.
• Plug and play for Windows® 2000, as well as Windows® XP.
• Fully steerable PCI interrupts.
TV Out (Only for RS480)
• Integrated TV encoder.
• 10-bit DAC with 4-tap filter.
• PAL/NTSC TV Out with Composite and S-Video Outputs(Via a header).
• ATI’s exclusive “Composite Dot Crawl” freeze option for PAL and
NTSC to improve the picture quality.
• TV-Out power management support.
• On board two PCI fast IDE ports supporting up to 4 ATA, ATA2 , Ultra
ATA33/66/100/133 IDE HDDs, CD-ROMs, ZIP drives and LS-120
drives as boot drive.
• One ECP/EPP parallel port.
• One 16550 Compatible UART serial ports.(Via a header)
• One floppy port supports two FDD of 360KB, 720KB, 1.2MB , 1.44MB
and 2.88MB capacity.
• Eight USB ports (four ports via two headers).
• PS/2 keyboard connector.
• PS/2 mouse is supported.
• One front panel sound connector.
• Infrared (IrDA) is supported via a header.
Expanded USB Support
• Includes 2 OHCI host controllers,increasing the number of external
ports to eight.
• Includes 1 EHCI USB2.0 Host Controller that supports all eight
ports(Bandwidth shared between eight ports).
• This motherboard support USB 2.0 feature only on Windows ®
2000(with SP4 or above)/XP(with SP1 or above) OS.
On-board VGA (Only for RS480)
• Integrated ATI PCIE X300 graphic core.
• Supports display (CRT or TV out).
• Integrated DAC and CRT controllers.
• Full screen/Full speed video playback.
• Up to 2048x1536,non-interlaced screen resolution for CRT.
On-board Realtek RTL8100C/RTL8110S PCI LAN (optional)
• Provides 32-bit performance,PCI bus master capability.
• Full compliance with IEEE 802.3u 100 Base-T specifications and
IEEE 802.3X Full Duplex Flow Control.
• Supports 10 Mb/s, 100 Mb/s and 1000 Mb/s(only for RTL8110S)
• Supports Wake-On-LAN function and remote wake-up.
• Supports ACPI,PCI Power management and PCI VPD.
PCI Express Graphics interface
• One 16-lane(X16 port) PCI Express port intended for Graphics Attach,
Fully compliant to the PCI Express Base Specification revision 1.0a.
• A base PCI Express frequency of 2.5GB/s only.
• PCI Express supports and Enhanced Addressing Mechanism.
• ADD2 card utilizes PCI Express Graphics x16 connector.
Technical Reference Booklet
PCI ExpressX1 Ports
• Full PCI Express 1.0a compliant.
• Two virtual channel support for full isochronous data transfers.
• Supports for full 2.5GB/s bandwidth in each direction per X1 lane.
• Supports SMM, APM and ACPI.
• Break switch for instant suspend/resume on system operations.
• Energy star “Green PC” compliant.
• Hardware monitoring circuit is supported, provide voltage, fan speed,
etc. monitoring (optional).
• External Modem Ring-in Wake-up support.
• Supports suspend-to-RAM(STR)(optional).
Note: Make sure that the current of your 5VSB power supply is over
On-board AC97 Sound (optional)
• Integrated AC97 controller with standard AC97 Codec.
• Direct Sound and Sound Blaster compatible.
• Full-Duplex 16-bit record and play back.
• PnP and APM 1.2 support.
• Windows® 2000/XP drivers ready.
• Line-in, Line-out, Mic-in.
• Supports ALC650/ALC655 AC97 codes for six sound channel output
• Compliant with 1394 open HCI specifications v1.0 and v1.1.
• Integrated 400Mbit 2 port PHY.
On board Serial ATA host Controller(optional)
• Independent DMA operation on four ports.
• Data transfer rates of 150Mb/s.
• RAID feature support .
• 1 PCI Express X16 slot.
• 1 PCI Express X1 slots.
• 5 PCI bus master slots - ver. 2.2 compliant.
As you can see that although this board is in the budget end of the market, it is still is packed with features and excellent specs.
Next Page Physical layout