AMD Athlon II X4 620 CPU
Posted by: Mac on: 02.11.2009 01:00:00 [ Print | 0 comment(s) ]
Specifications as taken from the AMD website.
AMD Athlon™ II Processor Product Brief
- Do more in less time and take advantage of true multi-core performance and true multitasking capability.
- Get a PC experience optimized to deliver the benefits of the Microsoft® Windows® 7 operating system.
- Convert music, HD video, and other media fast.
- Manage all your home media files and run the software you need to create, share, and enjoy your media.
- Get superior performance and enjoyment from your PC experience with next generation processor technology for hassle free, efficient computing.
- With next-generation processor technology you can enjoy superior application performance.
- Convert music and HD video fast.
- Get superior performance on many of today’s most popular applications for an amazing experience.
- Enjoy a responsive PC with next-generation AMD Direct Connect Architecture.
- Take advantage of energy efficiency you’ll feel good about for a green, cool, and quiet PC experience.
- Save energy, get the most out of your budget, and help reduce heat and noise to reduce the environmental impact of your PC.
- Enjoy performance on demand when you need it and power savings when you don’t using next-generation AMD desktop power management technologies.
- Get improvements over previous-generation AMD Athlon™ II processors: slash your power consumption by up to 50% when doing basic tasks, 40% when running heavy load, and 50% when idle.
- Conserve with Energy Star® 5.0-compliant, idle-power improvements such as low core voltages and enhanced cache power management.
- Enjoy a superior desktop experience. Get the most out of your budget with energy efficiency you’ll feel good about for a green, cool, and quiet PC experience.
- Enjoy a cool, quiet, and green PC experience.
- Enjoy your PC with confidence knowing you’re using cutting-edge, energy-efficient technologies that use low power and help reduce environmental impact.
- Help reduce heat and noise.
Help extend the life of your system with AMD PowerNow!™ 3.0 Technology, which manages power consumption and helps maximizes performance.
Enjoy the benefits of energy efficiency.
Enjoy your PC and be energy efficient with next-generation AMD power management technologies.
AMD PowerNow!™ 3.0 technology can enable dramatic power management improvements, automatically, with virtually no noticeable performance impact with efficient 45nm multi-core design, superior power management, and additional performance states.
Cool‘n’Quiet™ Technology – Optimized performance states help save energy while minimizing the latency and overhead of power management. The processor can efficiently respond to user demands, maximizing performance to deliver a superior PC user experience.
AMD CoolCore™ Technology automatically reduces processor energy consumption by dynamically activating or turning off parts of the processor.
AMD Smart Fetch Technology enables processor cores to share data before entering a halting state so active cores don’t have to activate to retrieve data.
Dual Dynamic Power Management™ – helps improve platform efficiency by providing on demand memory performance while enabling decreased system power consumption.
Multi-Point Thermal Control helps reduce speed and heat when temperature exceeds predefined limits, enabling a cool and quiet PC experience.
Quite a lot to take in really and this is an edited version. Suffice to say it’s less power hungry than its x4 Phenom brethren at 95w but doesn’t have Level3 cache and runs at a slightly lower clock speed. I will be checking to see what sort of difference this makes though.
Next Page - Test Rig Specs